* Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
~ I love to give cozy, comfort gifts. cuddly friends, soft blankets, slippers, teas, candles, anything that might make the recipients day a little more peaceful and restful. creative gifts for kids, something to inspire, motivate and encourage independent learning. (i am sometimes the nerdy aunt!) and finally, books are the next best thing!
* If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
~ well you've seen some of them, and as they are completed, you'll see the rest: spinny skirts, cozy friends, beading kits, and more planned...!
* Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
~ My first knitting project ever (when i taught myself to knit!) was to make outdoor mittens for my dad. i was totally winging it and the first mitten came out HUGE. like bigger than a tea cozy kind of huge. it ended up hanging on my mom's front door with greens in it! a big mistake put to good use...
* Name one thing on your personal wish list.
~ ooo, just one? a ball winder for my yarn. i hate that job!
* What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
~ as silly as it is, we hang a pickle ornament on our tree and the first person to find it, opens the first present! we have one here, but we normally let stella find it! we still play this game at my parents on christmas day!
What do you love most about the holiday season?
~ the warmth. the feelings, the foods, the coziness of it all. (i like cozy things!)
* What do you like least about the holiday season?
~ the materialism. the shopping. the panic. the stress. the absence of peace.
* What is your favorite holiday food?
~ hot chocolate and cookies. shared with stella before bed. we've been making "real" hot cocoa (so less sugar!) and adding mini-marshmallows (extra sugar!)
* Do you have a great recipe to share?
~ i have to think on this one and will post it soon. i LOVE to cook, so choosing one is very difficult. i think i'll pick a cookie. maybe that'll be for tomorrow!